Product Feature Update
Have you been assigning digital tasks to your students for homework or class work? Here are two important updates regarding our digital task list:
- Launch (previously Try It!)
- Task Info (previously Answers)
If you want to try a digital task exactly as your students see it when you assign a digital task, you can now click the rocket and task name on the left side of the task list under the heading Launch. This will automatically launch the digital task so you can try it with your students in class (using a projector or interactive whiteboard). You can also use Launch to preview a digital task as a student would see it before you assign it (view the slides on your computer or mobile device).
Uses of Launch
- Teachers can try a digital task exactly as students see an assigned task.
- Teachers can try a digital task together with their students on a whiteboard or projector.
- Teachers can take up digital homework with their students in class.
- Teachers can save on paper instead of printing all the pages from the PDF version (e.g., launch a Read & Listen task and read it over together in class).
- Teachers can easily display a Read & Listen or Dialogue task while playing the corresponding audio.
- Teachers can broadcast Warm‑Up tasks to their whole class on a large screen.
- Teachers can broadcast Discussion tasks or group activities to their whole class on a large screen.
- Teachers can model how to do a digital task type before assigning it.
2. Task Info
If you want to quickly preview the answers or contents of a digital task on one page before you launch or assign the task, click on the Task Info button on the right side of the task list.
Uses of Task Info
- Teachers can view digital answers and incorrect choices (where applicable).
- Teachers can quickly preview digital task info on one page before assigning a task (instead of launching to see slideshow version as students see it).
- Teachers can quickly preview a task to see the key vocabulary.
Launch and Task Info work on desktop or mobile. If you are viewing a digital task list on a mobile device, it will look like this:
This screen capture illustrates where to find Launch and Task Info and what the different views of these features look like for a logged-in user with a Plus plan. If you have only signed up for the Standard plan, some of the digital task types will display as locked. If you are not logged in at all or are not a paid user, you will not be able to launch or view task info for any digital tasks, but you will see the task list.
We hope you find this new design user‑friendly. For more information about our digital tools, view these Help Docs!